Our Mission Statement

As a family of servants of God, we seek to Glorify Him by offering our lives as living sacrifices, being intentional about engaging people with Christ and the Gospel, and using the talents and training He has given us through grace to proclaim the Gospel of Grace to those near and far.

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Oct. 18-20


October 18: {The Day G Had and EPI-pen Injection}
Right before sending G off to the bus, he mentioned that he was itchy.  I saw some marks on his arm that looked like mosquito bites and put anti-itch cream on them, thinking that usually it's N who gets eaten.  I didn't think any more about it.

I went about my home-bound errands and right before JR was scheduled to pick up Naomi from school and bring her home from lunch, he interrupts our IM chat to say that the school called him after not being able to reach me.  Gideon had been given an EPI pen injection and they had called 911.  (this was all the info I had).  JR told me he'd swing by and pick me up on the way to Gideon's school.  I wanted as much prayer to cover this as I could muster, so I posted on facebook.

I met JR at the end of our block.

It was really un-nerving to drive up to an elementary school and know that the ambulance parked outside is for your son.

We walked into the nurse's office to see G sitting calmly beside 2 EMTs.  We were told what happened as I sat next to Gideon.  He wouldn't look at me.  I could tell he was trying to stay strong.  I put my hand on his shoulder and he turned into me and started sobbing.  It was all I could do to keep my own sobs at bay.

They assured us that he had not had trouble breathing.  And the EMTs said that they didn't need to take him to the ER if we could get him in to see his doctor that day.

Here is what he looked like when we got him home.




Gideon and I both read the out-pouring of love and prayers that were showered on this whole situation via facebook.  It brought us both to tears.  Thank you!

He was a little freaked out about the idea of going to the doctor.  He was afraid that he'd have to get another 10 second-long shot. :(

But the dr. told us to give him Benadryl and prescribed a steroid.  (She was also furious that the EMTs broke protocol and didn't make us go to the ER.)

The Benadryl cleared up his hives.  And he felt normal the rest of the day.

So I let him try on his finished Halloween Costume:  Ninjago Zane

(the inspiration)
and now... Gideon


We were all lovin' on G a little bit extra.


October 19:
G woke up with hives EVERYWHERE.  So I took him back to the doctor.


The doctor said he was not contagious and that he could go back to school if he wanted to.  And, boy, did he want to... :)

So, while his class was at lunch, we set up in his classroom...
And here is the reaction of his class when they filed in after lunch...

The whole time they were whispering to each other that they THOUGHT it MIGHT be Gideon... OR a statue. :)  They all gasped when he moved to pulled his "head" off. :)

Ms. Kennard had the class make Gideon a card because of the whole epi-pen thing...


And since he was able to go back to school, we were able to participate in the Family Book Fair Night!.

We were delighted to meet Gideon's "best friend" Jon and his family.  And we were able to meet a few other parents as well.

Oh, and the kids picked out books. :)

October 20:
We headed out for a family fun day that included getting the cheapest organizing boxes at the Container Store and watching Frankenweenie.

This is the view of the drive. :)

I love family days... :)


No comments: