Our Mission Statement

As a family of servants of God, we seek to Glorify Him by offering our lives as living sacrifices, being intentional about engaging people with Christ and the Gospel, and using the talents and training He has given us through grace to proclaim the Gospel of Grace to those near and far.

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Week in Review {Jan. 16-22}

This week we have been settling back into our "normal" routine.   School, classes, life... :)

 Early in the week, we (and about half of the rest of the people on campus) headed over to celebrate Daniel's 8th birthday.  The kids were so excited all day about it. :)

We are very blessed to be part of a community in our "apartment complex".







Another night, G called us upstairs about an hour after we'd put the kids to bed.  After realizing that he was in our bed, this is what we saw...
 He put all the clothes that were on our bed (from when we changed in to our pajamas) on to his tiny little body.  (You can't see the layers of my clothes under JR's.)

 He was VERY proud of himself. :)  I just kept thinking about how much he looked like the Scarecrow from "The Wizard of Oz" when the stuffing is pulled out of him. ;)

Then I went in and checked on Naomi.  This is how I found her:



Naomi made this snowman at school.  She is very proud of "Baby Snow".

She even talked about how she made this like I made Catty Flower.
This week I've been enjoying hearing Naomi play with her new toys. She plays for hours.  This is her enjoying her new "Fab Snaps."
Also... I don't know if this happens to you, but here's a major thing that happened this week...

I always love Gideon, but this week I "fell in love with him" all over again.  I don't know how to describe it any better.  I LOVE Gideon.  But the past few months we were butting heads a lot.  A LOT.  --not in any way that isn't part of growing up, gaining new responsibilities and freedoms--  But while I loved Gideon, I didn't appreciate his uniqueness, his quirks...him.

But one evening, after I was relating to JR a conversation I'd heard between G and Daniel earlier in the day, JR pointed out that I probably hadn't handled things the best way.  JR wasn't even that direct about it.  He just reminded me of one of Gideon's unique qualities.

I was struck to the core.  For months I have been raising Gideon, caring for him, loving him... and not seeing him at all.  And I fell for Gideon all over again.

God has given us a little boy who has insights into spiritual truths that are beyond his years.  Gideon has a tender heart that seeks to include EVERYONE.  Gideon's heart is large enough to call people "best friend" who call him "annoying".  Gideon looks after Naomi as if it's his job in life.  And he looks after us too.

For the first time in months, I'm soaking him up again.

This has been a great week.
~Daisha

No comments: