Our Mission Statement

As a family of servants of God, we seek to Glorify Him by offering our lives as living sacrifices, being intentional about engaging people with Christ and the Gospel, and using the talents and training He has given us through grace to proclaim the Gospel of Grace to those near and far.

Friday, September 1, 2006

Do I look bright-eyed and refreshed?

Everyone congratulate Gideon today. He slept through the night for the first time last night! I put him to bed at 9:45. He was asleep at 9:50.

Then at 5:45 I woke up and went in to check on him. I figured he was just sleeping, but in the back of my mind was the prayer, "don't let him be dead."

And he wasn't.

We got up with JR's alarm. Gideon gave smiles all around and then asked for his breakfast.

This was the face I saw while I was eating my breakfast. He was having a good time playing on the floor. He was talking to the ceiling fan, kicking, and basking in the glow of a full night of sleep.

And this picture is from yesterday. He was sitting on the dining room table while I was doing laundry and cleaning. This was one of the rare moments when he wasn't looking from side to side while chatting with the walls. (I don't know why, but he likes the structures of our home. Maybe he'll be an architect.)

Have a happy Friday and a great Holiday weekend.

--Daisha
 Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Kim Hodges said...

Yea! Congrats, Gideon! I remember thinking that "Please don't be dead" thought when Johnathan slept through his first night!

Anonymous said...

I remember thinking the same thing the first time Kelli slept through the night.

Thank you for being so good at doiing this blog!

G'ma