Our Mission Statement

As a family of servants of God, we seek to Glorify Him by offering our lives as living sacrifices, being intentional about engaging people with Christ and the Gospel, and using the talents and training He has given us through grace to proclaim the Gospel of Grace to those near and far.

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Take Me Out to the Ballgame...


My first baseball game ever (2005)













My first baseball game this season (2006)









JR has introduced me to many things. But the most time-consuming thing is BASEBALL. It's on almost every night. And if it's on or not, there are the chatrooms and the message boards...

I have come to appreciate "America's Past-time". In fact, I can even keep score.

From my couch (drinking water) I am looking forward to the game we are going to on Saturday evening. JR got tickets to the Nationals/O's game at RFK. We are super excited! RFK (while not as cool as Camden Yards) is a great stadium for hearing all the sounds of the game: the crack of the bat, the roar of the crowd...

We will show up in all our Orioles garb and sit amongst the red and blue clad fans. It's going to be great.

And for those of you who are concerned about my health... I will be drinking water all day long. And I promise to stay on the couch until we go to the game. :)

Go O's!!!

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

Go Os indeed!

Though I have to admit that we are now frequent attendees at Savannah Sand Gnats games (a single-A farm team for the Nationals). Please ask JR if this means that my street cred as a NoVA native is revoked...

If it helps, we did drive three hours to the Augusta Greenjackets opening game back in April so that we could catch Cal Ripken, Jr. (their new owner) throw out the first pitch and even managed to get both Cal and Billy's autographs.

HAVE FUN ON SATURDAY! (We're going to another Sand Gnats game on Sunday because it's "Bark in the Park" and our puppy will get to join us. Last year he beat all the big dogs in a contest by getting his little puggy body dressed - with the help of Mom and Dad - in a Sang Gnats uniform so we're pretty excited to see what the competition is like this year.)

Tiffany said...

So how was the game? Did Gideon seem to enjoy it?