Our Mission Statement

As a family of servants of God, we seek to Glorify Him by offering our lives as living sacrifices, being intentional about engaging people with Christ and the Gospel, and using the talents and training He has given us through grace to proclaim the Gospel of Grace to those near and far.

Monday, May 9, 2011

Monday

After finally being caught by the jet-lag, Naomi and I went to sleep at a semi-normal time last night and slept until 10!  We puttered around the Strachan's house for a bit and then were picked up by Michael Gaunt so he could drive us to Boddam for a visit with his lovely wife, Maureen.

Naomi and I spent a lovely afternoon with Maureen.  Her heart is full of love and service for others.  At a time of life when most women are learning to be content being served, Maureen is more active than most people I know, serving those around her.  I hope that I can soak up her example while I'm here.

I love the view from their front door:

Monday_Night_Class

The day was BEAUTIFUL!

After Michael took me back to the Strachan's, Naomi and I ate a quick bite and headed with the family to the Monday Night class.

The evening begins with fellowship/games.
Monday_Night_Class_27

Monday_Night_Class_33

Monday_Night_Class_37

As I got to meet some kids, I asked if I could take their photos. So, you can meet them too.



Monday_Night_Class_45
This is Abi.





Monday_Night_Class_49
These are sisters, Laurel and Chorus.





Monday_Night_Class_59
This is Nicole.





Monday_Night_Class_64
This is Ethian and Abi.





Monday_Night_Class_66
This is Chloe.





Monday_Night_Class_69
This is Owen who took me on a tour of his imaginary home.


When the play-time was over, we moved inside for the class time.

Monday_Night_Class_75

Billy had everyone try to copy down Hebrew from a screen to go along with a video he had that showed how scripture has been handled so that we know we have as close to the original as possible. (that's why everyone is concentrating so hard)

Monday_Night_Class_78
Monday_Night_Class_79

After the lesson, they talked about what that means to us in 2011. They had a chance to share about their week, and then after a prayer, they were allowed to buy some candy.

Monday_Night_Class_85

It is clear that all the children who come, as well as the teens who help, LOVE Monday night classes.

No comments: