Our Mission Statement

As a family of servants of God, we seek to Glorify Him by offering our lives as living sacrifices, being intentional about engaging people with Christ and the Gospel, and using the talents and training He has given us through grace to proclaim the Gospel of Grace to those near and far.

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Muddy's

So we have been hearing about Muddy's since we moved to Memphis.

Well, the other day, when the kids got up from their quiet time, I told them to get ready to go.

I didn't tell them where we were going, but I did tell them that their snack was going to be part of my surprise.

We headed out to Muddy's to see what the hype was all about.

DSC_0007

Gideon chose the "Plain Jane" because of the blue icing. Blue IS his favorite color after all. :)

Naomi chose the "Vanilla-Berry" because of the pink icing. Pink IS her favorite color after all. :)

I had the "Pucker Up" because I like lemon. :)

It was wonderful. We had fun. And Naomi let me know in no uncertain terms that she was NOT finished with her tup-tate.

Unfortunately, the other day I didn't have my camera. So we HAD to go back.

Today I brought my camera. (And I was trying to get part of my home-work assignment finished for my workshop which explains why the kid's faces are in shadow while their backs are in the sunshine.)

DSC_0032

DSC_0027

DSC_0012

Gideon is getting to be such a big kid! He ran our trash into the restaurant while Naomi and I were finishing up. He also brought us more napkins. He loves getting new responsibilities like this.

DSC_0059

All in all... we give Muddy's a icing-covered "thumbs up". (oh, shoot... I should've gotten a picture of that!)

I've been playing around with new editing techniques. (not a part of my class) JR doesn't like this edit. I'm wanting to get more feedback on it.

TLW-2.2-shade-sun


Photobucket

2 comments:

emily said...

ok, so it's probably a good thing that they didn't have that shop when i lived in memphis...... yummmmmmmmmm-o!

Kat at Muddy's Bake Shop said...

Wow! Thanks so much for the rave review and I'm so glad your family enjoyed the visit. :)
I especially loved reading about Gideon's taking the trash inside and taking on new responsibilities. I am constantly amazed by the great kids I see in the shop holding doors for other guests, helping parents clean up, etc. It's so great and even though they aren't actually mine, I feel so proud that MY customers are so cool. :)
Thanks again for coming and have a great day!