Our Mission Statement

As a family of servants of God, we seek to Glorify Him by offering our lives as living sacrifices, being intentional about engaging people with Christ and the Gospel, and using the talents and training He has given us through grace to proclaim the Gospel of Grace to those near and far.

Monday, September 14, 2009

Re-reading

Last night I was re-reading posts from 19 months ago.

You see... Naomi is the age that Gideon was when she was born. And I like to see how they compared developmentally.

However, what I found was a couple of really sweet stories about Gideon awaiting the arrival of his baby sister and a WHOLE BUNCH of me whining about being pregnant. Oi!

The sweet everyday stories are the reason I try to keep up this blog. I haven't been doing a great job of that lately and I know I'm going to kick myself, when I look back later.

Right now, my kids are playing quietly together with stacking cups. They are really starting to play together these days. In fact, last week they were in the backyard all by themselves and mom and I just watched them from the window. Gideon lounged in a chair and was explaining something to Naomi who was in the "cart". But they were actually talking back and forth! It was adorable.

That's all for now. :)

2 comments:

Deborah said...

I love going back and re-reading old blogs. It's amazing how much I would have forgotten, had I not written it down.

Also, I am so thankful my boys have each other, like Naomi and Gideon do. I can only imagine what Daniel will add to the mix when he gets old enough!

David, Deborah, Abigail, Anna Jane and Aleah said...

I love reading your blog. You have a great talent for sharing your stories. Your kids are amazing! You must be a terrific mom, what are your secrets? How do you cope? I only ask as I am struggling with Abby (2 yrs) and Anna Jane (3 months).