Our Mission Statement

As a family of servants of God, we seek to Glorify Him by offering our lives as living sacrifices, being intentional about engaging people with Christ and the Gospel, and using the talents and training He has given us through grace to proclaim the Gospel of Grace to those near and far.

Friday, December 21, 2007

Gideon Stats

I took G in for his 18 month "well-baby" check up yesterday. (I know... he's almost 19 months now...)

Here are his stats:

Height: 34.5 in. (85%)
Weight: 26 lbs. 8 oz. (55%)
Head: 48 cm (52%)

He was GREAT at the apt. As we walked in I was telling him that while I signed in, he needed to stand beside me. Then we'd read a few books until the nurse called us.

And he was perfect. When the nurse called his name, he jumped excitedly off the chair and ran right up to her. Everything she told him to do, he did immediately and with a smile. Gideon chatted with her and told her about Naomi. (which was adorable)

Dr. Elzie also had an easy time with him. I don't know if it's because I took G with me last week to my apt., but when it was time to get checked out, Gideon laid back on the table and was perfectly still. I couldn't have been prouder.

And he didn't cry very long when he got his shots either. What a big boy!

Another cute story:
The other night as I was getting ready to put him to bed, I told him to say good-night to Naomi. So he kissed my tummy and said "night, night". Then it was time for my good-night kiss. He did his usual kiss on my mouth, but then he had this really sweet look on his face. He kissed my chin, my cheeks, my nose, and then he lifted up my glasses and kissed my eyelids. I melted.

It amazes me how much love you can feel for your own kid.

-Daisha

No comments: