Our Mission Statement

As a family of servants of God, we seek to Glorify Him by offering our lives as living sacrifices, being intentional about engaging people with Christ and the Gospel, and using the talents and training He has given us through grace to proclaim the Gospel of Grace to those near and far.

Friday, October 19, 2007

Taking a Turn About the "Womb"

Well, I have enjoyed the writings of Miss Jane Austen since I was 15. In various stages of life I have found kindred spirits who shared my appreciation for all things Austen.

I think that the most avid group contains Kelli, Hannah, and Anne. I mean, we even started an Austen blog. (which we no longer update and apparently has been deleted)

However, I am finding a new group of Austen fans down here in Florida: Tiffany and Kelly.

Last night we went to the dollar (which is really $1.75) movie theater to watch "Becoming Jane". We knew that it wasn't going to be OUR Austen. But it was nice just to revive the Austen bug.

And I was able to take Naomi to her first Austen experience. And she moved and kicked the whole time. She seemed to enjoy it. And so did I.

And the title... a well thought out homage to "Pride and Prejudice" furnished by Tiffany. (Mad Props, yo.)
-Daisha

2 comments:

Kelli said...

Very creative title!! I'm glad you were able to have some Austen time. Hannah and I went to see the movie while I was in the States and we thought it was a good movie even though it wasn't entirely factual. And I still can't really picture Hathaway as Jane Austen. And come one people... Jane was a very popular name back then... Tom's daughter was named after a family member!!! Sorry... as you said, we can get a little passionate. Anyway, Rachel has already been exposed to the awesome BBC P&P and I'm sure she will continue to be. I hope she enjoys it like I do and that we can read the books together someday (I even bought a shortened version of P&P that was written for kids). I'm glad that you have a daughter to share Austen with too!! Love the Jane!!

Tiffany said...

Thanks for the mad props, Wine Whore!

(In case anyone else was wondering, that was a title listed in the credits and we laughed hysterically about it. There's no dark side of Daisha to accompany that -- just to squelch any speculation before it even begins...)