Our Mission Statement

As a family of servants of God, we seek to Glorify Him by offering our lives as living sacrifices, being intentional about engaging people with Christ and the Gospel, and using the talents and training He has given us through grace to proclaim the Gospel of Grace to those near and far.

Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Pregnancy Number 2

I was really blessed during my pregnancy with Gideon. The only thing that hit me hard (until the pregnancy induced hypertension) was my headaches. And I'm not sure whether those were caused by hormones, or if not being able to take my regular headache medicine caused the pain.

But this pregnancy, fatigue sets in about 3 o'clock. And maybe that happened before, but since I was getting home from school around then, I probably assumed that I was just tired from working. However, with a one-year-old, I don't get to crash at 3 and spend a couple hours on the couch. Oh, well... I'd better get used to it, right?

And I haven't been too nauseated. If I smell foods I either know that I definitely want to eat it, or I want to hurl it out of my immediate vicinity. And the thought of scrambled eggs is detestable to me (that's a shout-out to Anthony).

All in all, so far so good.

Oh, and I've decided to call the new baby... New'by. (It's a contraction of new and baby. Aren't I clever?)

--Daisha


6 comments:

Janay said...

Cute nickname!
Oh, and I love your new family pic!

Tiffany said...

Ha! As soonas I read that egg thing, was thinking of Anthony, too. That's hilarious!

And any time you need a nap, give a call. I'm always free around 3:00 p.m. and Gideon and I can totally hang out while you and Newbie catch some "zeds" (to use a British-ism).

Hannah said...

My first thought was of Coach Newby. How's that a blast for the past?

Nicole said...

Congrats on the New'by. I had lots of headaches with my pregnancy and then discovered that they were sinus headaches. Sudafed is a wonderful thing. Might be worth a shot. Gideon sure is a cutie.

Anonymous said...

New'by -- very clever! Daisha, you're too funny! :)

Kelli said...

being tired was my main symptom when i was pregnant with rachel... maybe this means you're having a girl. ;) although, i also had headaches with her. either way, get used to being tired! :) new-by is coming fast!