Our Mission Statement

As a family of servants of God, we seek to Glorify Him by offering our lives as living sacrifices, being intentional about engaging people with Christ and the Gospel, and using the talents and training He has given us through grace to proclaim the Gospel of Grace to those near and far.

Thursday, May 31, 2007

Gideon's Surgery


Here is Gideon in his hospital gown. We arrived at 6:15 this morning for his 7:30 surgery.


There were play rooms in every waiting area we visited.


Isn't he adorable?

The Ronald McDonald House was a great blessing. We were fed dinner, and given a place to stay.

However, Gideon being the light sleeper he is, and being in a new place... none of us slept.

And we weren't allowed to feed Gideon after 3 am. But this moring he was signing for breakfast so nicely, I felt really mean for saying 'no.'

Gideon made friends with adults and kids alike everywhere we went. He had no idea of what was coming up. At 7:30 we handed him off to a nurse and watched him go through double doors where we were not allowed to follow. (that's when I broke down)

Two hours later, his surgeon, Dr. Earhard, came and told us everything went well and that a nurse would be coming to get us soon.

A few minutes later, we were shown into the recovery room. Gideon arrived about a minute later... This was the hardest moment for JR and I broke down again. He looked SO small and perfect. And then they showed us what they did and told us how to take care of his dressings. That was hard too.

He was a trooper all the way home. But once we got home, his bladder had a spasm and screamed in pain until we could get him settled down. He stayed in my arms for the next 2 hrs. and then I passed him along to my mom. And while I was taking a shower, he started getting up and moving. By dinner time, he was running around like normal.

Thank you for all of your prayers. (Keep 'em coming.) :)
-JR, Daisha, and Gideon
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Tiffany said...

Those pictures in the little gown just break my heart.

I am so glad that he is doing okay, with the exception of his spasm on the drive home, but he's in good hands, of course.

We'll keep him in our prayers.

(Oh yeah -- and if you need someone to hold him tomorrow so you can take another shower, please give a call. I know your folks are hitting the road again and I have to leave for SC, but it won't be until 2:00 or or 3:00 so do call if you need me.)

Jenni said...

Him in that little gown is so adorable! I'm so glad everything went smoothly.

Kim Hodges said...

Oh, I just can't even imagine how hard that must have been for you! Probably hard for you than for Gideon! So glad everthing went well.

Janay said...

It was so good to see Gideon smiling and walking around this morning! What a trooper!

Jessicca said...

I'm glad Gideon is back to himself. Sorry you had to go through that. The hospital pics were great though.