Our Mission Statement

As a family of servants of God, we seek to Glorify Him by offering our lives as living sacrifices, being intentional about engaging people with Christ and the Gospel, and using the talents and training He has given us through grace to proclaim the Gospel of Grace to those near and far.

Sunday, September 17, 2006

New Look and Promised Pictures

I created my own template. (I enjoy being unique.) :P Let me know what you think about it. I'm still working out some kinks. And I'm not satisfied with the comments not popping up in another window the first time you click on it. (Right now, it shows comments already made at the end of the post and THEN lets you post.)

Things of note, however, are: BLOGSTALKING (on the left). These are blogs I check everytime I go on-line. (Well, I don't check LGF.) There are other blogs that I read fairly often. If you are offended that your blog is not linked to mine, let me know and I'll add you. THINGS ON THE RIGHT: These will get more interesting, I hope.

Here are the pictures that Kime and Sara took while they were babysitting Gideon during our anniversary celebration. We REALLY appreciated it, guys! Thanks.


In other news: Friday after I'd posted... and edited to re-post, Gideon rolled from his side to his stomach!!! Now, at the time I was in the bathroom, so I missed it. But on the plus-side, me not being in the room meant there was no one to help him "cheat". He did it again after JR came home. AND... Saturday night I put him to bed at 9:00 sharp. He didn't make a peep when I put him in bed, and he didn't wake up until 8:15 Sunday morning. (I'm LOVING that!)

JR NEWS: JR's first big event is happening this week. He has been working really hard since day one of his job on this. And everyone is showering praise on him. Please pray that everything will go off smoothly and turn out the way JR hopes. (and that Gideon and I won't get bored of looking at JUST each other) ;)

I saw on the Emerson's Blog that you can have video on your blogs. I'm trying to figure out how to make my video files smaller so we can further exploit the cuteness of our son.

That's it for now.
--Daisha

7 comments:

Kelli said...

i'm sure the blog will look great once you get it finished. :) i tried to design my own but got frustrated... maybe sometime in the future. brent's planning on helping me with the video thing too!! i can't wait to see gideon in motion. he looks great!

and good luck to smeav! i'm sure he'll do great!

Kim Hodges said...

You're so smart, girl! I'm just happy when I get mine to post right in the nice little template they have provided for me!

WTG, Gideon, sleeping through the night! I'm NOT ready for sleepless nights just yet!

Brett, April, Caden, Corban & Eden said...

that's just our blog for missions type stuff. we've got even more videos on our Family Blog http://theemersonfamily.blogspot.com

you're on my blogstalking list too daisha, if for no other reason besides the fact that you update regularly. gideon's awesomeness doesn't hurt either :)

brett

Anne said...

jeez, it took me WAY TOO LONG to figure out how I was going to post a comment in this place. For a minute, I thought I was retarded.

So... I dig the colors but the layout, or at least the home page, comes up funny but that just might be me. Blog-stalker says she has the same problem too.

Second, I feel loved knowing you blog-stalk me. I like the disclaimer too!

Anonymous said...

this new layout is funky on my computer. it makes blog stalking a little more challenging (i have to scroll down the page now!).

Raisin is adorable.

-The Blog Stalker

Tiffany said...

Yes, I am horribly offended that I am not included on your blogstalking list -- or on Cheryl's. Granted, neither of you are on mine, but that's because I'm computer illiterate. Oh yeah, and I don't have a cute little baby to make my life interesting. Maybe if I started posting pictures of Tater...

Hannah said...

Aww...Sara looks so cute with Gideon! I do find it a little weird that you had a picture of my cousin on your blog before I had one of her on my blog. Though I guess it makes more sense...you see her far more often than I do! :)