Our Mission Statement

As a family of servants of God, we seek to Glorify Him by offering our lives as living sacrifices, being intentional about engaging people with Christ and the Gospel, and using the talents and training He has given us through grace to proclaim the Gospel of Grace to those near and far.

Monday, July 26, 2010

First VBS

First... a note:
I have not been blogging much this summer. And for the first time, I don't feel guilty about it.

There have been times where I have given this blog and my posting on it too much importance. Instead of enjoying moments with my children, I have been blogging in my head. I want all of you readers to know how creative I am, how cool I am, and I have come to the realization that I was parenting for you. And for my own horn-tootin'.

I'm not saying all this to say that I'm ending my blog. But I am keeping tabs on my heart and my motivations when I do blog. Hence, the infrequent blogging this summer.

End of note.

I was kinda bummed this summer b/c I thought the kids were going to miss out on VBS. We were in Tallahassee when Grace Crossing had VBS. Gideon was able to go to one night of College Church's VBS when we were briefly in Searcy, but Naomi was too young. But then, our neighbor, Justin, invited the kids to Park Ave.'s VBS.
We all know the trauma I have had in the past when leaving Naomi places, but people, she's growing up!

Sunday-Wed. I dropped the kid's off for VBS and the LOVED it!

Naomi LOVED her class. And, of course, Gideon loved his.

We were even babysitting 3 siblings for Monday and Tuesday, so we took them to VBS as well.

While the kids were at VBS, JR and I read at a coffee shop, except for one night, when we actually had a date and discussed our plans for next summer. (More exciting news on that front in due time.)

The last night of VBS was family night. We got to watch the slide-show of what the kids had been doing and join the rest of the people there for food and games. There was also a station where the kids could get their picture taken with "Prowler". Gideon has 4 pictures on Park Ave. web-site (I pulled 2), but Naomi didn't want her picture taken.

I am so thankful that they had this opportunity and loved it. They talked about VBS all day long.




Photobucket

No comments: