Our Mission Statement

As a family of servants of God, we seek to Glorify Him by offering our lives as living sacrifices, being intentional about engaging people with Christ and the Gospel, and using the talents and training He has given us through grace to proclaim the Gospel of Grace to those near and far.

Friday, April 9, 2010

$3.48

Yesterday, while the kids and I were strolling around Target, we came across several "light oak" 3 shelf bookshelves and the price said "$3.48 marked down from $4.99". Really!?! (The "espresso" ones were marked down to $17.48.) Three and a half dollars for a bookcase?!

Jr and I had just been talking about our need for a new bookcase, but even on Craigslist, we couldn't find on we were willing to put money into.

So I got it. But, being me, and knowing that the "light oak" didn't go with my decor... I made an additional stop by Michaels to pick up some "Mod Podge".

DSC_0001
The original bookcase (minus the back)

I almost finished it last night. I say "almost" because I actually ran out of Mod Podge. However, I have reworked my living room and set up the new bookcase as the "Homeschool Bookcase".

The kids have been so excited by this little change in the living room. G is in raptures about how everything looks. And both kids have been re-discovering all of our homeschool games that have always been on the larger bookcase that has since been moved to another corner. Go figure.

DSC_0002

DSC_0003
notice the inside sides?

DSC_0004
I (with the kid's help) wrinkled up craft paper to get this cool finish.

DSC_0005
Instead of putting the back that came with the bookcase on it, I took some of my spare fabric and now the back is a deep blue velvet.

So... $3.48 became a little DIY project for the day, but I am loving the way it turned out.
-Daisha

No comments: