Our Mission Statement

As a family of servants of God, we seek to Glorify Him by offering our lives as living sacrifices, being intentional about engaging people with Christ and the Gospel, and using the talents and training He has given us through grace to proclaim the Gospel of Grace to those near and far.

Thursday, October 25, 2007

What a great lunch!

Yesterday morning, Gideon and I headed to Target to play with toy cars and look around the store. Before we'd picked up the few items we were actually there to buy, he looked up at me and quietly signed for food.

I told him that we had to pick up some things and then we'd go. So we did. He didn't whine or complain about not being fed, and was cheerfully talking to the check-out lady.

So, as a treat for both of us, we ate at Wendy's. We didn't go through the drive-through, we walked in hand-in-hand and ordered our lunch.

Gideon was so good about eating his chicken nuggets with a fork! He smiled and talked to all the people who walked in. He was a champ at sipping his water through his straw.

So, when I asked him if he wanted a Frosty, he said, "uh, yeah". We each had our own. And I handed Gideon the spoon. Now, I haven't really been working with him on spoons. Forks, yes. Spoon, no. But the Frosty was the perfect thickness. And since his mouth is huge (I wonder where he gets that?) the big Wendy's spoons were fine. And he did so well with it. I was one proud Momma.

We cleaned up our mess and walked back out to the car saying good-bye to the other diners as we went.

It was such a great lunch! (my baby is becoming such a big boy)
-Daisha

4 comments:

Katherine said...

What a sweet story. It is so much fun to watch our baby boys turn into big boys (although it's happening so quickly!!).
:)

Kelli said...

awesome! i love those times!! :)

Tiffany said...

What a good guy! I hope Naomi liked the Frosty, too.

Deborah said...

YUM! I think my boys need a "reward" this afternoon when they get their shots--maybe a Frosty?! (Okay, so maybe I'm just craving one after I read your post!!)

Enjoy these moments with JUST Gideon. Life is about to change BIG TIME!