Our Mission Statement

As a family of servants of God, we seek to Glorify Him by offering our lives as living sacrifices, being intentional about engaging people with Christ and the Gospel, and using the talents and training He has given us through grace to proclaim the Gospel of Grace to those near and far.

Thursday, July 5, 2007

New'by's first picture

Well, we finally got a little glimpse of New'by. Although, there was a scare involved.

JR came home from work early on the 3rd, we woke up Gideon from his nap (don't you know ... he always sleeps long when we have to have him up but gets up after an hour when we have the whole afternoon), dropped G off at Janay's, and headed to our appointment.

(Janay took a picture of Gideon and her daughter, Annaliese.)

JR and I were able to meet Dr. David Dixon. He will be the dr. doing my c-section even though I will be meeting all the drs. in the practice over the next few months.

Now, I'd been having dreams that I was pregnant with twins, so JR and I were on the look-out...

For some reason, the dr. thought that we'd have a better view of the baby if he used a probe ultrasound instead of the normal, on the belly kind. And here's where the scare took place. This is supposed to give us a clearer view... and NOTHING was showing up on the screen. No twins... no baby...

So, I was told that my uterus was in a weird position and that since it was high and forward (no wonder I'm already showing), the on-top-of-the-belly ultrasound WOULD be better. And then we got to see New'by. Just one coffee-bean sized baby.

With Gideon, since I was 11 wks. along instead of 8, we could see him moving and waving, and bouncing around. With New'by... we just saw the heart-beat. And it was adorable and reassuring.

So, there's the story... and here's the pic...


I couldn't scan it, so I had to take a picture of the picture.

4 comments:

Kelli said...

it's great to see my niece/nephew for the first time!

Tiffany said...

New'by, your close-up is fabulous!

Tiffany said...

PS - I love you new family photo with all four of you!

Jessicca said...

Glad to hear everything is going well with the latest Sheets. Always enjoy the updates.