Our Mission Statement

As a family of servants of God, we seek to Glorify Him by offering our lives as living sacrifices, being intentional about engaging people with Christ and the Gospel, and using the talents and training He has given us through grace to proclaim the Gospel of Grace to those near and far.

Sunday, July 29, 2007

Aunt Claudia and Uncle Ryan's Visit

It was great having Claudia and Ryan here in Florida for a visit. We hadn't seen them since they got married... and even before that, hadn't been able to really get to know Ryan very well.

We took it easy. And since Claudia and Ryan are gearing up for a move from Memphis to the Dallas area and a church plant, they haven't had any breathing room this summer. (At one point, Claudia asked me what she NEEDED to be doing... and I told her that she had the opportunity to do NOTHING. Not knowing what to do with herself, I handed her my Harry Potter 7 book.)

We went to one of JR's soft-ball games. Gideon LOVED picking up all the sticks he could find and having Uncle Ryan help him put them in the trash can.

We also, in keeping with the Stockstill tradition of LOVING food, ate out at some great places: Ted's Montana Grill and MoMo's. Both were highly enjoyable. And then, to prove that I actually can cook... I made home-made chicken fingers and mashed potatoes. :)

And having family around proved helpful when New'by decided to attack me with another case of headache induced tossing of the cookies. I was out of commission pretty much the entire day, but G had a blast with his aunt and uncle.

For evening entertainment (after G was in bed) we played 90's Trivial Pursuit (man, are we clueless about that decade) and Phase 10.

The picture below displays Gideon's Fake Smile, (as well as Ryan's)

And here is a picture of the 4 of us. We used our self-timer for the first time.
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Kelli said...

you all look great! i'm glad you had a good time with claudia and ryan. i can't wait to visit with you guys as well.

and gideon's fake smile is hilarious! :)

Deborah said...

What a sweet picture of the four of you. We just love Ryan and I'm sure you guys do too. I bet they had a blast visiting with little Gideon...oh, and you and JR too!

I hope your "cookie tossing" stops soon! That is no fun.

Your blog is so great and I love visiting! Many blessings on Baby #2.

Jill said...

Hey guys. It's Tim. I sure wish we could come visit some time. But with Ryan and Claudia moving out our way, maybe you'll be able to come visit us! So where in Dallas are they moving and what church are they planting? Remember I went to college with Ryan and haven't seen him since I left. Hope you all are doin' well!

Anonymous said...

Daisha, did you get your hair cut? I like it! I hope I get to see you this weekend! You guys look great!
Hugs and Kisses to my favorite Gideon!
Love!

Nate, Maurine, Hannah, and Monroe said...

Such a nice picture of the fam. Did Gideon take the picture? : ) He's a very talented little guy.

Zack said...

Hi! This is Zack Blaisdell. I'm so glad Gideon had a great time with his aunt and uncle! In fact please tell Claudia congrats on getting married! That's so awesome! I didn't know she got married until I was looking at an ACU magazine (my Dad is an ACU grad). I'm so glad things are well with you and your family.
Blessings!

Jessicca said...

I didn't even know Claudia got married. Send her my congrats. Looks like she kind of likes her nephew.