Our Mission Statement

As a family of servants of God, we seek to Glorify Him by offering our lives as living sacrifices, being intentional about engaging people with Christ and the Gospel, and using the talents and training He has given us through grace to proclaim the Gospel of Grace to those near and far.

Monday, February 12, 2007

Saturday Street Carnival

Sorry for the delay in posts...
JR was out of town at the beginning of February. I was hoping that he'd post something about his reunion with his college buddies. But life has been busy down here.

And I KNEW as soon as I posted something about how good life was, Satan would attack. And he did. But God is faithful and stronger than Satan. So the lies that The Deceiver laid at our door were vanquished by the Truth of the Spirit.

And now on to our regularly scheduled post:

For Christmas, JR gave me a gift certificate to a one hour traditional Swedish massage. And Saturday, I cashed it in. The massage was WONDERFUL! I can't believe I've lived so long without ever having one.
In the town center where the salon I visited is located, they were holding a street carnival. And they did it right. They closed off the streets, covered them in sand, had a live band, clowns on stilts, grills a-blazin'... When I got there I knew that I had to bring my boys back.
So, when I got home I told them about it.
JR said I had him at "hamburger".

Here's our family picture from the event.
Gideon was unsure of the sand at first. It WAS cold and unfamiliar. So JR sprinkled sand on Gideon's toes and he calmed down.
I love this picture. I can't always capture all of Gideon's expressions. We've been told by TONS of people that he is the most expressive child they have ever seen. So, here's a glimpse into another face of Gideon.
And here are my good-lookin' fellas'. I am so blessed!
(oh, and in case you're wondering... Debby got Gideon his shirt. It says, "I tried to be good, but I got bored.")

3 comments:

Jill said...

am i the only one who can't see the pictures?

Anonymous said...

I can't see the pictures either!

-The Blog Stalker ;)

Kim Hodges said...

Glad to see you back in the blog world! Be careful: massages are very addictive. I can't believe you had never had one!

Great pictures! You all are so cute!