Our Mission Statement

As a family of servants of God, we seek to Glorify Him by offering our lives as living sacrifices, being intentional about engaging people with Christ and the Gospel, and using the talents and training He has given us through grace to proclaim the Gospel of Grace to those near and far.

Friday, April 14, 2006

Daisha on being pregant

I was planning on waiting until next week to post, since I have another appointment, but... well... I posting now.

Some interesting things about being 7 months pregnant:
-I am FREEZING my husband to death. He walks around with sweatshirts and blankets, shivering, while I am in a tank-top and skirt.
-Looking back at pre-pregnancy pics where I always sighed at my fuller form makes me realize that having a waist at all is pretty incredible.
-60 some-odd days till I have a baby is NO TIME AT ALL.
-I miss my old (substantially smaller) boobs.
-I've needed to take the polish off of my toes for about a week and a half now, but just can't be bothered spending that much time figuring out how to effectivly reach my feet.
-Having always been short, putting dishes away in the cabinets was always tricky. But now, with the addition of the belly, I stand even farther away from the goal.
-No matter what, whenever I stand anywhere near my kitchen table, I inevitably poke my (now flat) belly button on one of the chairs.
-My new nickname from my loving husband is "Tubs."
-I feel like I've been pregnant forever.
-I want to buy EVERY little baseball onesie I find.
-I've started dreaming about what Gideon will look like.
-I dream about being in labor. (last night I actually thought I had back labor my dream was so intense)
-I haven't had any weird food cravings. (aside from the week during the first trimester where I HAD to have BOILED OCHRA... go figure)
-Feeling Gideon move is (mostly) exciting. However, it becomes a problem when he suddenly kicks my bladder when no restrooms are around.
-"Playing" with Gideon is a highlight in my day. I poke him, he pokes back... until he gets annoyed and kicks my bladder instead.

I guess that's all for now.
Daisha

6 comments:

James said...

Sup.

So you are about to have a kid. That is AWESOME!

Gideon, eh? I dig it. Is his nickname going to be "giddy? Or "Gid-Dog"? Or "G-Money"?

How's married life treating ya? It must be wired because you've been pregnant the whole time.

I'll keep an eye on the blog. I'll even link to it. I link to Trey's (Self-Professed) and J-Root's (You Are Dead To This Blog) blogs as well.

Tiffany said...

Daisha,
I've got to ask since these comments are posted one right after the other -- you're using "dream" in two very difference ways, right?

"-I've started dreaming about what Gideon will look like.
-I dream about being in labor."

I mean, you've always been crazy, which is why we got along so well, but I just want to make sure that you haven't become legitimately crazy. ;)

You three remain in my prayers.

-Tiff

James said...

You know what you've done here Tiffany...you've ratcheted up the quality control.

I am now going to obsessivley edit my posts now that I know you are reading them. I may even re-edit my old ones.

Wait. Uhhhhh yeah. Yup, now I'm sure of if. The pressure is on. I won't be able to sleep knowing you're out there.

:-)

Tiffany said...

Hey, now -- Daisha is the self-proclaimed Grammar Nazi. My red pen is no where in reach. I was merely trying to reassure myself that she was not, in fact, happily fanticizing about pushing out a watermelon...

Well, you get the point.

Anne said...

hey, I think I still have that picture on my phone. the one I took in the RRB cafeteria, where you lamented that you're "all boobs." Want a copy?

Kelli said...

ahhh memories. :) believe me, having the kid around (on the outside) is so much better than having him/her on the inside. but the pregnancy is fun in itself. :) i definitely can't wait to see my nephew and i too want to buy every baseball thing i see! :) you are always in my prayers and i can't wait for the big day!