Our Mission Statement

As a family of servants of God, we seek to Glorify Him by offering our lives as living sacrifices, being intentional about engaging people with Christ and the Gospel, and using the talents and training He has given us through grace to proclaim the Gospel of Grace to those near and far.

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Babysitting

On Saturday, JR and I were able to babysit Rachel. (I'll post pictures as soon as I get them.)

We had a blast with our niece. We read her books, played with blocks, and took pictures of her on an Orioles blanket.

JR loves holding her... for about 5 min. Then he says, "Ok, I'm done. Take her."

I hope he doesn't do that with Gideon.

I think my favorite part of the afternoon was when I was putting Rachel to sleep for her nap. Her eyes were getting droopy and fluttered in between open and closed. I smiled at her and through her sleepy eyes, she smiled back at me. (I think she likes me.) :)

But taking care of her really made me ready to see Gideon.

What is this crazy kid that keeps me up doing somersaults going to be like "on the outside"? Will he be a cuddler? (I sure hope so.) Will he smile easily? Will his favorite music be Aerosmith (he really gets moving to "Love In an Elevator")?

I can't wait to meet this kid that I've been slowly getting to know over these past few months.

Come on, Gideon! Be born (not for a few more weeks... I do want you to be full-term). But you can come early. ;)

Daisha

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

What are we at now -- five weeks? A month? [Cue music: "Final Countdown."]

Are you guys all set for the Big Day?

You're all in my prayers. Please keep us posted...