Our Mission Statement

As a family of servants of God, we seek to Glorify Him by offering our lives as living sacrifices, being intentional about engaging people with Christ and the Gospel, and using the talents and training He has given us through grace to proclaim the Gospel of Grace to those near and far.

Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Breaking...

This just in… JR AND DAISHA TO BE PARENTS JUNE 2006!!!

We now have evidence (see below) that the first offspring of Mr. and Mrs. JR Sheets is well into production. Having gotten pregnant on the return of their honeymoon, the Sheets have been keeping this news under wraps until now. (We are at 11 weeks)

Much joy and surprise (maybe I should’ve typed that in the other order) were expressed this Thanksgiving when family was told. But as for the parents-to-be… they have been quoted as saying, “My boys can swim!” and “We couldn’t be more excited.”

This blog will keep the public “in the know” throughout the production of Baby Sheets. But at this point, both mother and baby are “perfect” (according to Dr. Hodges). (No, honest, he really used the word “perfect”.) See the nice profile?

(Here’s a close-up.)

The first question is:... Whose schnoz is that?! ;)

Also, you should have seen this little tyke bouncing off the walls, flailing its little arms and legs around. It was hilarious!

Keep us and our health in your prayers.

JR and Daisha (and Baby Sheets)

(Here's the original picture - with no color modifications)

19 comments:

Daniel Stockstill said...

GiGi and Papa Dan, formerly known as Cindee and Dan, are as proud as can be and pray God's richest blessing on this growing family!
Praise be to the Giver of Life!
GiGi and Papa Dan

Micheal said...

CONGRATULATIONS! I was a little tired when I came into work this morning but this news perked me right up. Many, many blessings on the three of you. Woo-hoo!

Lindsay said...

So freakin' awesome!! I knew it would be no time before you guys were on the parent track!! Many congrats to you both!! I know you will make amazing parents. I will certainly be praying for your new family :) Daisha, don't let JR rap to the baby!! HA!

Lindsay said...

So freakin' awesome!! I knew it would be no time before you guys were on the parent track!! Many congrats to you both!! I know you will make amazing parents. I will certainly be praying for your new family :) Daisha, don't let JR rap to the baby!! HA!

Hannah said...

So I take it that we don't have to wait until Dec. 13 to tell people? Would've been nice to know last weekend. :)

Hannah said...

And that sounds really junior high-ish. Sorry 'bout that. Congrats you two! And JR, what did I say a/b that phrase? ;)

Junia said...

Thanks to everyone!
We are so happy and thankful!

And Hannah - come on... it's a Sienfeld reference too good to pass up. ;)

Katie Johnston said...

Holy Cow! I am so excited for you guys! Daisha is going to be a mommy! You will be great! You too JR! You better take care of her! Praying for you often!!!

Jill said...

i flipped out earlier today when val mentioned that she saw the news on carl's blog!!! little did i know it had been announced to the world already :)! congratulations you two!!! i can't wait to see baby sheets progress in the next 6 months!

Sign2Jill said...

Wow! Congrats! Now I know why you were so quiet at dinner...

The first picture looks like your kid is standing up and swordfighting! How cute!

Timothy Putnam said...

Awesome! Congrats! May God continue to richly bless you both!

Hannah said...

Yeah...I must've missed that Seifeld episode. ;)

Hannah said...

I belive I also missed that Seinfeld episode. Those shows were so similar, it's hard to keep them separated.

Anne said...

Dude!

Daisha will understand that that means... CONGRATULATIONS!

Jacque said...

Congratulations you two. Can't wait to meet baby Sheets next summer.

Anonymous said...

i see my little nei-phew!!! how exciting. i've been telling everybody, and all are congratulating...after saying, "wow, that was fast".

i love you both, and will partner in prayer with you concerning this "production"...(the wording in your blog brought this word choice to mind).

joyfully...

Great Aunt Jeanne said...

Well, I am going to be a Great Aunt. I am so happy for you all. You are all in my prayers. Daisha, remember to take your vitamins. They are so very important!

Tiffany said...

I'm so excited for you guys and I can't wait to hear an update!

By the way, J.R. -- Jackie Sampsel and his wife had a baby boy last week. Looks like I'm the last of the Garrisonville crew to jump on the procreation wagon.

Mama, Papa, and Baby Sheets are in our prayers.

-Tiffany

Jacque said...

Hey guys - this note is for Daisha....just made a random connection. I just found out that one of my friends from ACU, Ryan Porche, is dating your sister Claudia. It's a small world. Hope you guys are well. :)
~Jacque